1. Once you have set up your competition and the first phase of pools have been set up you will need to set up progression rules to allow teams to move from Phase 1 to Phase 2 or Finals.
2. Once all games are finished in each phase 1 pool you need to lock the pools, to do this click on Look Pool.
3. Click on the Look Pool button to confirm.
4. Click on Fixtures to return to the fixtures page to lock your remain pools.
5. Before moving teams from Phase 1 to Phase 2 or Finals you need to configure the pools in the next phase, to do this click knockout.
6. Fill out the details marked with a red asterisk. If you are progressing to finals ensure that you select a finals template from the drop down list.
7. Then click Update Pool.
8. Once this is done we can then set up the progression rules. Note that the progression rules are linked with the team numbers in the fixture template that you used in the above screenshot.
A- This relates to the number the team will be given in the finals fixture template or the fixture template that you are using for the intermediate phase.
B- Select the appropriate pool that you want the team to move from.
C- Based on the position in the ladder or total wins.
D- The position the team you want to move are in, in pool play (phase 1)
10. In this example I want the top two teams from each pool to progress through to knockout stages (finals) of the tournament.
Here the team that finished in first place/position in pool 1 will be placed into team position 1 in the final fixtures team list.
11. In this example I want the top two teams from each pool to progress through to knockout stages (finals) of the tournament.
Here the team that finished in Second place in pool 1 will be placed into team position 8 in the final fixtures team list.
12. This screen shows a summary of the progression rules. In a finals fixture template where 1v2, 3v4, 5v6 & 7v8. The team that finished first in pool 1 (team number 1) will play the team that finished 2nd in pool 3 (team number 2) based on the template that number 1 plays number 2.
13. Before you can run the progression rules there can be no team in the ‘selected team’ list for that stage of the competition. The progression rules will not work if you do this. (The cause of teams already being in the ‘selected teams’ list would be manual entry by an administrator).
14. You should now be able to run the progression rules. Once you do this teams will be moved from pool play (phase 1) to the next phase in the competition.
15. Rules have been run and teams should now appear in the ‘team’ area of the next phase. Click on teams and check if teams have progressed. Then click on Finals and generate your finals based on your finals fixture template.
16. Click on Regenerate Competition Finals Fixtures to generate your finals fixtures.
17. Finals fixtures will be generated.
Note: If they are not displaying correctly it is probably due to the progression rules not matching the fixture template. Please check the ‘teams’ page to see if the ‘selected teams’ have the correct numbers (see screenshot below).